Tuesday, October 27, 2009

What is LSS (Last Song Syndrome)?


LSS or Last Song Syndrome. We are all victims of this strange affliction, that, ages ago, had no name.

It's when you, consciously or unconsciously, hear a song (even if you don't like it) and finding yourself singing that same song, too.

My brothers and I used to play that game, making the other sing a song without really forcing it, and whoever is caught singing the last song sung will get a penalty: what we call "jigs", poking a person's ticklish side.

This morning, I quietly sang to myself "Who Am I" as I entered the office and stopped as I reached my table. We both didn't realize it, but my officemate soon caught up and realized she was singing the song from where I stopped.

And she suddenly gasped, "Gosh! Last Song Syndrome!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails